Thursday, November 13, 2008

Well Dude, Here's why.

I sit with my eyes closed inbetween sets at the gym.

I sit, and I hang my arms and I put my head down and close my eyes and breathe. Everything clangs around me, dudes standing inbetween racks of weights and flexing in the mirrors and chatting with each other about pumps and poundages galore. I just keep my head down and eyes closed until it's time to lift again.

A dude gets my attention at the drinking fountain, must have seen my little ritual.

"How do you keep your focus like that when it's so noisy in here???"

"ha... hard to say bro, just takes practice I guess."

What I really should have said, and what the truth is, is:

"Well bro, it's not about focus, it's about me not being able to stomach looking at my reflection in the mirror. Simple as that."





B.

No comments: